Our goal at Southside Physical Therapy & Training Center is to provide the most up-to-date care, post-surgical rehabilitation, sports rehabilitation, sports enhancement programs, and functional activities to facilitate recovery and enhance your quality of life. We effectively treat acute and chronic pain, arthritic pain, post-operative pain, as well as pain from injuries. In addition, we specialize in sport-specific training to keep you at the top of your game.
Southside Physical Therapy & Training Center has a highly trained team of professional Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Pilates instructors, and fitness trainers who take pride in their clients’ progress and achievements.
We work closely with physicians and specialized healthcare professionals to address each client’s concerns, optimizing the results of their treatment program.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What happens during my first visit?
- Arrive at your appointment with paperwork completed (you can download it from our website – see the forms link on the left).
- You provide your prescription for physical therapy.
- We copy your insurance card.
- During this initial evaluation, the therapist will discuss the following:
- Your medical history.
- Your current problems/complaints.
- Pain intensity, what aggravates and eases the problem.
- How this is impacting your daily activities or your functional limitations.
- Your goals with physical therapy.
- Medications, tests, and procedures related to your health.
- The therapist will perform an objective evaluation AND provide treatment which may include some of the following:
- Palpation – touching around the area of the pain/problem.
- Range of Motion (ROM) – the therapist will move the joint(s) to check quality of movement and restrictions.
- Muscle Testing – the therapist may check for strength and quality of muscle contraction.
- Neurological Screening – the therapist may check to see how nerves are communicating with muscles. Reflexes may be assessed as well.
- Posture Assessment – positions of joints relative to ideal and each other may be assessed.
The therapist will develop a plan including how often you should receive treatment, home programs, patient education, short-term/long-term goals, and what is expected after discharge from therapy.
How should I dress?
Wear loose-fitting clothing so you can expose the area we will evaluate and treat. For example, if you have a knee problem, it is best to wear shorts. For a shoulder problem, a tank top is a good choice, and for low back problems, wear a loose fitting shirt and pants.
How long will each treatment last?
Treatment sessions typically last 30 to 60 minutes.
How does the billing process work?
Billing for physical therapy services is similar to the billing process at any doctor’s office. The physical therapist bills the insurance company or Workers’ Compensation. The patient is expected to pay the balance.
What do I do after physical therapy?
Some patients need to continue home exercises; others will complete their rehabilitation and return to normal daily activities. Southside Physical Therapy & Training Center offers patients the option of continuing their strength and conditioning improvements in our facility free of charge.
Where are you located?
Southside Physical Therapy & Training Center has three locations and serves all of southern California.
22311 Brookhurst Street, #104
Huntington Beach, CA
Phone: (714) 965-2222 Fax: (714) 965-2224
24012 Calle De La Plata, #200
Laguna Hills, CA
Phone: (949) 583-9251 Fax: (949) 583-9246
688 N. Arrowhead Avenue, #101B
San Bernardino, CA
Phone: (909) 885-7200 Fax: (909) 885-7272